My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, France

Monday, January 07, 2008

Merry X-mas !

No I'm not drunk ! Today is Christmas for Orthodox people ! I celebrated Christmas eve with my sister, and her orthodox boyfriend yesterday evening. We had lots of fun. Luckily I was with my boyfriend too, cuz' we definitely got home too late and drank too much. But we had a great time.
The weekend was good. A friend dinner saturday that ended quite late too. It was really nice, and we met all these mixed couples. I mean mixed from their nationalities or origins. It was really fun, we were the only couple with the same nationality. There was a Canadian, Brazilian, Swedishes, Morocan, ... Really nice people there.
In France, since this 1st January it is prohibited to smoke in bars and restaurants. The law had been passed more than a year ago as from 1st January 2007 it was already prohibited to smoke in public places (such as the Metro, train stations and so on). So, beeing a non smoker I am really grateful to be able to come home at weekends and not stink of other people's cigarettes. But most smokers in France are still arguing that there should not be such prohibitions... especially as they say it's winter and it's not nice to smoke outside... Anyways, I'm happy about this new measure. and you now see people outside bars smoking and talking, like I remember in Italy.
Rest of the weekend was peaceful. Trying to sort out my place or playing on the computer LOTRO. I hadn't played for ages, but I'm now level 20 ! and it's good to continue :) We also had a nice walk around Bastille and on the "Coulée Verte" (Green Stream or Planted Stroll), a kind of parc/walk situated above-ground on what once was a railway track. Here's some pictures from our walk :)



geek disco ball

Well, back to work. Have a nice beginning of the week !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home