My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, France

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Arrived in Doha

 
Woaw! I had forgotten how hot it was here. It's great !
I just arrived yesterday evening, after a good 6 hours flight slightly delayed but with such good service I'd almost have stayed on the plane.
I'd been to Doha one month ago, the last week of September, and seeing the town again by night on arrival was a beautiful sight. The road by the Cornice (right spelling ?) is really nice; a bit like the waterfront in Singapore for those who know; a huge bay with sky scrappers, nice lights... well...
The great surprise was to see the appartment. It's fantastic from what I've seen, and of course i didn't check what's working or not, but there's so much space. Two bedrooms, one's mine, one's David's, each with bathroom and huge storage space, living room and we even have a kitchen and washing machine, but we're not supposed to use that. For the check in I actually had to sign a paper with the rules for the appartment: non smoking (fine by me!), no alcool (well, mmm...), no using the kitchen and big equipment, guest allowed to visit but not to stay over (so sorry people, can't host you :p ), ... This morning the view on the other skyscrappers and the water (the bay, or the sea ?) from the 15th floor was amazing despite having to wake up at 6h50 for a security check of the whole towers. I'm dead tired but so looking forward to seeing more and getting around. The IBC (International Broadcast Center, our offices) is much smaller than in Munich, but also for the moment quite hotter, no 15°C around here! just perfect temperature to work in shirt and trousers and not shock anyone. Today I have to prepare our database move and getting things settled. Not worried at all, and taking it easy. Just happy to be here ! I couldn't wish for more. Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home